The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network, Inc is committed to your privacy.
Because we gather certain types of information about our donors and participants, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network, Inc. gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that participants, sponsors and guests provide through optional, voluntary submissions.
- Information gathered as part of the registration or sponsorship process of events sponsored by The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network or The Torch Relay Foundation.
Under no circumstances does The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network divulge or share any information about an individual to a third party.
The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network, Inc. will not share your name, participation details or fundraising details with any third parties or other participants, sponsors or the general public without your permission.
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic newsletters policy (The Torch) - We will offer a free electronic newsletter to participants and registered subscribers. The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by sending a reply email to the newsletter email address with instructions to remove the subscriber. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
2. "E-mail this to a friend" policy - Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking "e-mail this to a friend". The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
3. Surveys - The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network, Inc. may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our programs, policies and content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network, Inc. tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network, Inc. uses the above-described information to tailor our program; policies and content to suit your needs and help us better understand our audience's demographics. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network, Inc. operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
Updated June 18, 2006